Comment on page
The file sharing feature on GoGovSG allows public officers to host their files and share it with members of the public. With the file sharing feature, you don’t have to upload your files to Dropbox, Google Drive or any external file hosting service and shorten these links on GoGovSG.
Only share files that are meant to be public.
When you’re creating a link, you will see three options (To a URL, To a File or From a .csv).
- 1.Click on the “To a File” option
- 2.Upload your file by clicking the "Browse" button and selecting your file
- 3.Set a custom short link to your file & click on "Create"
Please note that for larger file sizes >10mb, it can take up to 20-30 seconds for your file to be scanned and successfully uploaded.
Once created, the long link of the file will be file.go.gov.sg/
To replace your file, simply select the link of the file, click on Replace file button and upload a new file. Note that the shortlink and the link to the file will remain the same after replacement.
There are a few possibilities why your file upload has failed:
- 1.Your file size exceeds 20mb. Only file sizes up to 20mb are accepted for upload.
- 2.Your file type does not fall under our list of supported file types:
- PDF files: ‘pdf’ Microsoft applications files: ‘docx’, ‘pptx’, ‘xlsx’ Image files: ‘bmp’, ‘gif’, ‘jpeg’, ‘jpg’, ‘png’, ‘tif’, ‘tiff’ Video files: ‘avi’, ‘mpeg’, ‘mpg’ Design files: ‘dwf’, ‘dwg’, ‘dxf’ OpenOffice files: 'ods' Other file formats: ‘csv’, ‘rtf’, ‘txt’, 'zip'
- Note: Older formats of Microsoft files (’doc’, ‘ppt’ & ‘xls’) are NOT accepted, please change the file type to the above accepted formats prior to uploading them. You can find out more about how to save files into different formats on Microsoft’s support page here.
- 3.Your file is password-protected.
- Password-protected files are not accepted for upload as of 30th May 2023.
- 4.Your file contains malicious content and it failed our antivirus scanning.
- Please notify your security team or CIO if your file has been flagged as insecure on GoGovSG.